by Marisa Torrieri Bloom
Our annual Rockmommy gift guide is full of instruments, toys, and other cool stuff. Enjoy!
- Ukulele DIY Kit, $79: Create your own piece of musical paradise with this kit from Uncommon Goods, which includes all the necessary parts. The fretboard and neck are already glued and attached, so you don’t have to worry about misaligning the neck or gluing mishaps. That’ll leave time for decorating with your own paints, markers, or stickers.
- Lola Rockstar Gotz Doll, $103: This doll takes center stage with her guitar and her electrifying passion for performing music. She perfects her talent by learning new chords and writing new music. It’s always been her dream to play her music on a big stage.
- LOOG Guitar, $59-$89: This perfect-size guitar made for toddlers (ages 3+) and elementary schoolers feels more like a big-kid instrument than mom’s ukulele. Loog’s nylon-string axe is the ideal starter guitar, designed with a kid’s attention span and finger size in mind. Use the flashcards and Loog Guitar app to help your tiny musician learn the skills they can build on as they grow.
- Laurie Berkner “Monster Boogie” book, $14.81: Make your monsters dance and sing along to the “Monster Boogie” — perhaps the coolest kids’ song ever! — with this special, illustrated book.
- VTech KidiJamz Studio, $39.99: This super-cool, interactive music station lets kids mix music with 20 kid-friendly songs for DJ fun. Includes 10 instrument sounds, five musical styles, and three rhythms, plus microphone and digital voice effects.
- Alphabet Rockers’ Rockin’ T-Shirts, $20: This gold Alphabet Rockers logo T-shirt will help your miniature rocker stand out at shows. Available in Toddler, Youth and Adult Sizes. Includes download of The Playground Zone (EP).
- Rothy’s Cowgirl Loafers, $65: These shoes, made from recycled bottles, aren’t simply good for the Earth. They also feel good on your feet, whether you’re jumping on stage or hanging out in the audience.
- VTech KidiBeats Kids Drum Set, $17.81: Your little drummer boy (or girl) will totally rock the holidays with this mini kit.
—- Marisa Torrieri Bloom is a writer, guitar teacher, mom, and the founder of Rockmommy.