22 Nov In the Spirit of Thanksgiving, We Highlight 10 Organizations That Need Your Support
by Francesca Farruggio
Thanksgiving is one of the most important days of the year to think about our blessings, and some of the best gifts we have received, like music and, of course, #Rockbabbies!
However, we must also take this time to realize that 2018 has also been filled with some hard times and downright tragedies. And so, in the spirit of today and the rest of the holiday season, Rockmommy wants to raise awareness for the individuals, families and communities who are struggling.
We’ve provided a list of ten of our favorite organizations and charities that are collecting funds to help those who need them most (because every little bit helps!).
- California Wildfires — Go here to donate to wildfire relief (For every $10 you donate, your impact will be multiplied by 20 to provide $200 in aid.)
- Partners in Health — Helping women around the world give birth safely, from Sierra Leone to Mexico and beyond. Every donation is MATCHED.
- My Smile Chain — Help provide a forever smile to a child living with an untreated cleft. Donate now and transform a child’s life.
- Save the Children — Your generous gift to Save the Children includes a subscription to their monthly eNews so you can see your donation at work.
- Reading is Fundamental — Your tax-deductible gift will help RIF deliver high-quality books and resources to children across the country.
- Education to 25 Child Labor in India — With your help, this micro-project will provide education to 25 slum children of a deprived community in Ajmer for one year.
- Puerto Rico and Caribbean Hurricane Relief Fund — Donate to provide relief to hurricane survivors in the form of emergency supplies like food, water, and medicine in addition to longer-term recovery assistance to help residents recover and rebuild.
- Winterization Aid for Afghan Displaced Communities — Your donation will help provide clothing, shoes, food items, and winterization supplies (coal or wood) & bukharies to 200 displaced Afghan families.
- Doctors Without Borders — Donate to help provide the resources needed in global medical humanitarian emergencies.
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital Research — Make a donation to fund extensive cancer research and contribute to saving children’s lives around the world.
Know of any other good places to give this season? Post in the comments below.
Francesca Farruggio is a contributing writer for Rockmommy.