16 Dec What Badass Rocker Moms Really Want for Christmas (and Can Open in Front of Kids)
Posted at 19:57h in Rock Mamas 0 Comments
by Marisa Torrieri Bloom
There’s still time to score the perfect gift for the rockmommy (or rockmommies) in your life. We’ve picked the perfect combinations of naughty and nice for singers, guitarists, jazz pianists, drummers, bassists — or pretty much any mom who loves to rock out:
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick; $21: Our favorite tattoo artist’s line of matte and metallic lipsticks — with names like “Slayer” and “Hexagram” — will make mama feel bad to the bone (and beautiful).
Blank NYC Vegan Leather Moto Skinny Jeans; $118: Nothing says rock n’ roll quite like leather pants, and this cruelty-free faux leather pair has the edgy look mama wants when she’s toting her toddlers about town.
- Drummer Pillowcase; $14.99: With its gorgeous drummer painting motif, this plush throw pillow will inspire anyone to break out their sticks.
- NYC Guitar School Online Courses; $50-$119: If she wants to brush up on her soloing skills or learn to riff like Slash but doesn’t have the time to trek across town to the nearest music school, gift her with a pack of online lessons taught by some of the best musicians at world-renowned New York City Guitar School.
- Burt’s Bees Baby Organic Plaid Pajama Set; $39.95: Plaid is super punk rock, and can be cozy, too, when she wears these cool PJ’s on Christmas Eve. If you’re feeling festive, splurge for pairs for the whole family!
- Pick Punch; $25: Crafty mamas and their guitar-strumming offspring will love this cool pic punch, which lets you make pics out of any old piece of plastic.
- TASCAM DR-05 Portable Digital Recorder; $84.99: Help Mom capture every precious sonic moment of your little rocker’s first live show — or record her next gig — with this super-convenient, high-quality recording gadget.
- Christina Aguilera MasterClass, $90: Is the rock mama you love an aspiring singer? If so, she’ll love having some “me” time to indulge in 23 video lessons taught by one of the greatest pop-rock singers (and mom of two) of the past two decades.
—- Marisa Torrieri Bloom is a writer, guitar teacher, mom, and the founder of Rockmommy.