25 Apr 8 Perfect Mother’s Day Ideas for Rocker Moms
by Marisa Torrieri Bloom
She’s spirited, strong, and plays in a rock-and-roll band. And if she’s also a mom, she’s hoping for some good loot on May 8th. If you’re looking for something special to give a rockmommy for Mother’s Day, here are some great ideas:
1. Yunko Guitar Cookie Cutter set, $14.52: The rockmommy in your life is no cookie cutter lady, but if she likes to bake and decorate, she’ll love these cool, stainless steel cookie cutters. The set features an acoustic guitar, electric guitar, and music notes.
2. Girl in a Band: a Memoir by Kim Gordon, $9.99 and up: Sonic Youth singer-bassist Gordon’s poignant page turner takes the reader on an inspiring journey through California and 1980s punk-rock New York to marriage and motherhood. Grab a gift card so she can download to her tablet or e-reader. Or splurge for the hardcover copy.
3. Bohemian Guitars’ Boho Honey guitar, $299. Gift mom with one of the coolest-looking guitars she’s ever seen! Made of recycled materials, this white-and-golden beauty features a metal hollow body, basswood frame, and built-in guitar stand. Plus, if you buy before May 8th and use the code RockMommy at checkout, you’ll get 15% off! Just be sure to order by May 5th to guarantee Mother’s Day delivery.
4. Christina Aguilera MasterClass, $90: Is the rock mama you love an aspiring singer? If so, she’ll love having some “me” time to indulge in 23 video lessons taught by one of the greatest pop-rock singers (and mom of two) of the past two decades.
5. Cooperstand Ecco-G guitar/bass stand, $24.95: If mom’s always got her hands full with gear on her way to gigs, this environmentally friendly guitar/bass/ukulele/mandolin stand is flexible and compact (it fits into the back pocket of jeans!) — and made from first-run recycled ABS composite materials.
6. SkunkWerkz stainless steel Drummer coffee mug, $22.95: Coffee-loving drummer moms will go nuts over this cool, portable coffee mug, which may be personalized with their name — or anything else (like “drummer mommy”).
7. Flowers in a Vase — Pierre-Auguste Renoir Guitar Pic, $8.20: Give the timeless gift of flowers while helping mom strum her favorite tunes. These gorgeous floral guitar pics — which come in sets of five — are available in standard or triangle shape.
8. TOMS Rainbow Music Notes Women’s Classics, $59: Moms are always on the go, so if the mom in your life is a musician, you’ll earn double points for picking out these cool, comfy kicks.
—- Marisa Torrieri Bloom is a writer, guitar teacher, mom, and the founder of Rockmommy.