This year, I really let my blogging fall by the wayside. I can’t help it — I’m a writer by trade. I get paid to write blogs for other people every day. So by the end of the day, I’m left with zero energy or ambition to pen something of my own. With that in mind, here’s a quick summary of what happened this year:
1. I was pregnant
2. Logan was born on Feb. 12
3. We started life with “two dudes,” and Logan soon assumed the nickname “baby dude.”
4. I quit my full-time job to be a freelancer and part-time stay-at-home mom.
5. We acquired our lovely babysitter, Alyssa. She’s been terrific!
6. We met more of our amazing neighbors.
7. Nathan turned 2. We partied! His first sentence was “dada mow grass.” He said this over and over in June and July.
8. Baby dude started army crawling, and at some point said “dada.” He also became quite the eater — consuming avocado, waffles, turkey, salmon, everything I blended. It is wonderful to have a baby who eats.
9. We watched almost nothing but “The Berenstain Bears” on my iPad.
10. “Two dude Tuesday” launched and is now a regular weekly success.
11. Zack left his job to move onto more creative ventures in lead generation.
12. My mom broke her arm doing something in the basement. So we skipped the annual beach trip.
13. Derek Jeter retired, and Zack and his mom enjoyed his last home game.
14. And finally, my Nonna Mary Torrieri died on Dec. 29, 2014, after a long tenure with dementia and Alzheimer’s. Her funeral is Sunday. I am exhausted. The holidays and then this.
Yet I am grateful for all the wonderful things that have passed in 2014 — especially the birth of my Logan. Here’s to a great 2015.
Over and out.